Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Celebrate Giving

What do you have to give? I just finished reading the story of the widow who gave her last two coins she had left to her name in Luke 21 and Mark 12. It is kind of amusing to think that a simple story of only about three verses came from Jesus sitting back observing what was going on around him. He saw the rest of the people putting in out of their abundance but this one woman put in all she had. It wasn't  out of her abundance it was all she had to give.
   Lately I have been feeling I have nothing of any value to give. All I have is who I am, and in my eyes this is not much. Until this morning!, my daughter was wanting to give an offering to an orphanage in South America for special needs children. She said to me I don't have much to give when other people can give so much more. That was when I thought of this story and shared it with my daughter. Those special needs kids are not going to say "so and so gave $xxxx but this 19 year old college student only gave$xx!!" . They will just be thankful for more food on the table, maybe some new clothes, diaper changes more often etc. I told my daughter give what you have not what you don't have. But more importantly don't hold back just because you don't feel what you have is enough.
  I needed to take that lesson to heart!! I was teaching myself in the process. I need to allow God to use what I have to give and not try to give out of a "super woman" status. I hope this helps someone. All I can give is who I am!!!! What are your two coins to give? Be willing to give  who you are and others will notice!!! Besides this whole story came about because Jesus was sitting back observing what was going on around him. I want him to observe me giving all I am and not just out of my abundance.

No comments:

Post a Comment